If you purchased a Premium or Enterprise SiteLock package, you have the ability to run a scheduled "SMART Scan", which can automatically remove malicious code from files on your site. If you have received warnings in your SiteLock dashboard regarding vulnerabilities in your site files, you can run a SMART Scan to remove/repair the vulnerabilities.
To configure SiteLock's SMART Scan to automatically remove malicious code:
- Log into the DiscountASP.NET Control Panel.
- Click the "SiteLock Scan/CDN/PCI" link in the left menu.
- Click the "Sign-on to SiteLock" link.
- If an alert opens, click "Take me to my dashboard."
- In the dashboard, click the "Settings" link in the top menu next to the SiteLock logo.
- On the "Settings" page, click the "SMART Settings" tab.
- Enter your site's FTP address into the "FTP host address" field (this information can be found in Control Panel).
- Enter the FTP username in the "User ID" field.
- Enter the FTP password in the "Password" field.
- Select "Yes, remove malicious code automatically" from the "Automatically remove malware" dropdown box.
- Select "Normal (1 connection)" from the "Select a speed for FTP file downloads" dropdown box.
- Leave the "Root Directory" field blank (if you experience problems leaving the field blank, enter a forward slash / ).
- Leave the "(S)FTP Port number" field blank.
- Leave the "Maximum Download Time for your website data synchronization" dropdown box in the default position (30 minutes/day).
- Select how frequently you want the scan to run from the "Scan Frequency" dropdown box.
- Click the "Submit" button.
- When the "run the scan now" box opens, click "Yes." Your scan will be queued and you can check the results of in the SiteLock dashboard.
Any problems with the SMART Scan feature should be addressed directly to SiteLock support:
- Toll Free: (877) 257-9263
- International: (415) 390-2500
- Email: email@example.com