There are two ways to add email users: through the SmarterMail interface or the DiscountASP.NET Control Panel. Adding a user through the SmarterMail interface gives you more configuration options, but using the Control Panel is generally faster.
Add an email user through the Control Panel
- Log in to the DiscountASP.NET Control Panel.
- Click the "SmarterMail Manager" link on the left.
- In the Email Management screen, scroll down to the box labeled "QUICK VIEW/EDIT by EMAIL TYPE."
- Select "Email Users" from the dropdown.
- When the box expands below the "Email Users" section, click the "ADD USER" link.
- Enter the user information and click "Save."
Add an email user through the SmarterMail Interface
Once logged in as the primary administrator click Domain Settings (gear with small globe) then Accounts. If you do not see the options on the left where Accounts is click the expand button on the top left
From the Accounts screen, click "New" to create the new email address. When creating a new email user, note that the "username" is the new email address whereas for an email alias it is the "name".
Users > New > Username "new" creates the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Alias > New > Name "new" creates the email alias email@example.com