Before you reset the password for your SmarterMail POP account, make sure you setup the “Backup Email Address” on the account. If you have forgotten your password and do not yet have a backup email address set for the account, follow the instructions in this Knowledge Base article to change your password using the Primary Domain Administrator account.
Configuring the Backup Email Address
- Log in to the SmarterMail web mail interface (http://mail.[YourHostedDomainName.com])
- Go to Settings > Account Settings > User.
- Enter a backup address in the “Backup Email Address” text box.
Reset your email password
- Go to the SmarterMail web mail interface (http://mail.[YourHostedDomainName.com])
- Click "Forgot your Password?"
- Enter the full email address of the account.
- Complete the CAPTCHA.
The password reset email will be sent to the Backup Email Address of that POP account.
Note: If the email address does not exist, the email account is suspended, or if the “Backup Email Address” has not been set, you will see an error message.