The "Folder Auto-Clean" feature allows you to automatically delete messages from folders such as "Deleted Items," "Junk E-mail" or "Sent Items". Auto-cleaning folders will help prevent your email quota from being filled up by spam or deleted messages. The auto clean can be configured to delete mail based on age or size of folder. Messages deleted during the auto-clean process cannot be retrieved, so be sure to allow enough time before auto-cleaning to review all of your messages.
Please note that the Folder Auto-Clean feature may not run as scheduled. This is a known issue, and we have reported the bug to SmarterTools, but we don't know if or when they will fix it.
- Log in to the DiscountASP.NET Control Panel.
- Click the "Email Management" link on the left.
- Click the "SmarterMail Management Login as Primary Admin" link. You will be logged in as the Primary Domain Administrator.
- Click the "Domain Settings" link in the top navigation (gear with globe).
- Click "Folder Auto-Clean."
- Select "Override auto-clean settings for this domain."
- Click the "Folders" tab.
- Click "New Rule."
- Configure the auto-clean rule as you prefer, then click the "Save" button.
- Repeat for any other rules you want to add.
- Click the "Save" button at the top of the "Folder Auto-Clean" window.