2. In Visual Studio 2013, right click on your project and select “Publish..."
3. Click "Import..." and select "Import from a Publish profile file"
3. Select the file you downloaded in step 1
4. In the Connection section, most of the information should be pre-populated.
a. Enter the path where you want to publish your application in the "Site Name" field. (For example: YourHostedDomain.com/myapp will be deployed to the subdirectory /myapp. If you want to deploy to the root of the site remove the /myapp from the "Site Name" field.)
b. Enter your account password in the "Password" field.
5. On the Settings Page
a. Set up your destination database by clicking on the ellipsis to open "Destination Connection Strings"
b. Check "Use this connection string at runtime"
c. Check "Update database" (Note: this update database method only migrates the schema of the database not the data)
6. Click the "Publish" button
To publish your web application using FTP:
- Open the project in Visual Studio 2013.
- Click Build > Publish. That will bring up the "Publish Web" dialog box.
- Change the "Publish Method" to FTP.
- Server: Enter your FTP URL. Example: ftp.YourHostedDomain.com
- In the Site Path field, enter the subdirectory you wish to publish the application to (for example: /Subdirectory).
- If you want to publish to the root directory. Leave the Site path empty.
- In username field, enter the FTP user name found in Control Panel.
- In the password field, enter the FTP password.
- Click "Next" to determine the web.configuration you will publish.
- Click "Publish."